Thursday, January 20, 2011

...that baffle me.

Question: If you're feeling a little down, do you;

(A) Watch a movie/listen to music that makes you smile and feel better?
(B) Watch a movie/listen to music that is guaranteed to make you cry and feel worse?

I think if we're all honest, the answer is usually always (B).



Why is that? Surely when you're feeling down, you want to feel better not worse, right?

Why is it then, that when the last two relationships I was in crashed and burned, I blasted Alanis Morrisette instead of Owl City?! Or when my dog died, why did I watch Marley & Me? I knew damn well it was going to make me cry but I still watched it! I do it knowing full well it's going to make me feel worse and yet I still do it! Is it just me?

Note to self: STOP IT!

Sometimes I even baffle myself.

1 comment:

  1. I do the exact same thing. This is the reason I have a "sad" playlist.

    ReplyDelete